So it has been a little over one month of me writing this blog on coffee and cafes in Sydney and I thought I would provide a strange fact update on my reviews so far. Going beyond just the scores I have given to the cafes and the coffee, lets take a look at some other stats which are appearing:
- Most of my attention has been focused on the inner west, in particular with a focus on Newtown.
- No cafe has made it into my amazing ranking of 36+
- Most tables in Sydney cafes I have reviewed are made of dark heavy wood.
- Coffee cups are typically white, unless provided by the supplier of the bean, then typically black or brown.
- Cafe staff most like me, will serve me well.
- Coffee quality tends to clump – you will find a whole lot of similar cafe and coffee scores in a small geographic region.
- I tend to review cafes and coffee better if I drink a long black. However, in breaking this trend Clipper Cafe lost points for a worse long back.
- I have drunk more Toby’s Estate and Campos coffee beans then any other coffee bean but as of today have not been to either’s cafe
- Two of my worst scores where done on the some day. However, it was a good day for me, and they were both located on the lower north shore (clumping effect?).